Remote mode turns your phone into a remote for your camera to shoot from a distance. A remote shutter release can be very helpful and makes the OneStep + an even more versatile photographic tool.
Of course, this article assumes you already have a OneStep+ and the Polaroid Originals app (if not, read here) and that they are connected (if not, read here).
To enter Remote mode:
- Select the topmost menu option on the homescreen of the Polaroid Originals app: ‘OneStep+’
- The screen should be blue, and indicate that you are now in Remote mode of the Polaroid Originals app
- The large button on your smartphone screen will now act as a remote trigger for your OneStep+
Note: The shutter button will become unavailable to you in Remote mode if you have no film in the camera, or if the camera is charging the flash (this only takes a few seconds).
Instances where you'll find the shutter remote useful:
- Taking self-portraits
- Family holiday photos (now you don’t have to rush and jump in last minute!)
- Trying to time a photo opportunity perfectly
- Anytime you need to trip the shutter from a distance
The below photos are even more examples taken on the OneStep+ with Remote mode…