It's fast and easy: read the few steps to insert the film correctly here. You'll be ready to shoot in a snap.
To load a pack of Polaroid film, slide or press the film door latch to open the film door. Push the film cassette all the way in, with darkslide up and plastic base at the bottom. The pull-tab sticker on the cartridge should be facing out of the camera (This pull-tab sticker is in place to make it easy to remove the cartridge once you have used all photos, so don't remove it from the cartridge!).
When you close the film door, the darkslide will eject from the camera automatically, underneath the Film Shield. The plastic Film Shield is designed to protect images from light as they develop – it should not be removed. Take the darkslide out from under the Film Shield and let the Film Shield roll back up. If the darkslide has not ejected, take out the film pack and re-insert it, making sure it is pushed all the way to the back of the camera.
If you're still unsure, watch Peter and Heinz do it below:
If you have a Polaroid Go, do not worry! the process is slightly different but as easy as the other ones. Follow the instructions step by step to have your camera ready to shoot!
- Slide the film door button across and pull the door open.
- Match the color on the film cassette with the color indicated on the camera.
- Hold the cassette on either side to prevent damaging the chemistry pods.
- Slide the thick end of the cassette in first and let it drop into place.
- Leave the pull tab on, as you will need that later to remove the empty film pack.
- Close the film door until it clicks.
- The darkslide covered by the film shield will eject.
- Remove the darkslide and allow the film shield to roll back in and you're ready to start!